Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Progress, but really just the beginning. Finished the tracing, which mostly used the daytime photo. The right hand side, starting about the middle of the image is all the night time version because I liked the wider, emptier sidewalk better. The image is meant to evoke loneliness and will eventually have a single figure striding towards the camera, shoulders hunched against the wind. I took the Procreate file and dumped it right into Designer then started poking about. I was working on the stuff in the background first but then realized I wanted to get a sense of the entire layout first so threw some colors in. Was surprised to see that sort of trigger-color palette working the way it is and also that the sampled colors were so warm. I'll likely try to keep an eye on the balance and make the palette mostly out of these colors or ones that are based off them. They work together really well, I think. Will also try and make little bits of each of the other two colors sneak into the realms of the third at any given time, if that makes sense. I know what I mean. Those windows in the back are TINY. Then again, so was the butcher shop in the Tokyo image, and that didn't even exist. Hope this comes out well. I think it will.

No comments: