Sunday, August 04, 2019

After having watched all those portrait shows, having ordered a really good book of contemporary portraits ("500 Portraits; 25 Years of the BP Portrait Award")I wanted to try something with a lot more background to it, something more of a scene. As it turned out, I had managed to snap a photo of my partner while on a crowded T train when we were visiting Boston last year. His expression seems rather vulnerable and candid. It's both him and not him and I really wanted to paint it. So I spent a bunch of today working on the drawing. Just had time to start with the digital paint tonight. I think it's going to be black and white with only slight color but we'll see. Here's the WIP.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

What? He is not green? No horns? This is closest I've got to seeing him out of role playing playing costumes!
I REALLY like this drawing and even the composition which much have been a nightmare on the T. It looks like something is going on. The people around him are really interesting as well.Gives you that crowded, trapped feeling a green line always has.