Thursday, August 01, 2019

As per the advice, and my own feelings about those textures, I decided to plan a portrait out with the idea of using the textures ahead of time. This meant a different approach, not unlike, I'm guessing, setting up a silk screen print. I did all the main work in Procreate, using a grid and reference photo. Then I inked the lines. After, I made a new layer for each color, filling them in with black so that I could vectorize the results without trouble. Pulling it all into AD, I had to play with each layer to get what I wanted and even then, I think, in the future, I will stick to fewer textures or at least try and get a better idea of how they all work. For my first real attempt at doing something like this, I'm pretty happy with it and think it would print well. Might be worth finding out.

No comments: