Sunday, August 16, 2020


It's killing me not to post this series, but it's not like I get a lot of feedback anyway. Finished another page today and did some adjustments on previous pages to get composition tighter. I really think this is the strongest track of the comic so far and I've been having a lot of fun warping and distorting the figures. My camera seems to do some of it on its own. The more I LOOK at photography, the more I realize that even phone lenses distort like crazy. So, in a way, these aren't distorted, they're realistic because we're used to looking at distorted reality and we don't even know it. Or something. Regardless, though no one will ever see these pages in this configuration, there seems to be a lot more movement and flow than usual. I'll try to keep doing that.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Not to mention the screen background again, but the fluidness of the drawings seems influenced by those clouds swirling behind them! No matter how people see this or don't, it's good stuff!
Photos are ALL distorted and when we use them as references we really see whereas those who just look at photos absorb that distortion as a part of a "real" image, I think. I do a lot of manipulation of the reference images now to try and get less of a sense effect look if I think it will affect the drawing adversely. Oddly, 3D created references can have the same sorts of distortions!