Monday, November 16, 2020


New portrait. I've been watching Adam Savage on "Mythbusters" for years and always generally liked him. Since he's been on his own, making videos about making things, about other people making things and just generally showing his passions for things, I've found myself liking him more and more. He's so animated it's damned hard to choose one single image that might capture something of him. I took a lot of still frame screen shots. I like these things to be simple, so while I thought about making multiple images in one portrait as a kind of cubist animation, in the end, I went with my first instincts. Might tinker with it a bit or I might leave it be. I got some of his boyish smile which is important. Used a Dutch Masters sort of palette, partially as I really like the browns. I'm fairly happy with it.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Well I was proud of myself that I knew who it was immediately... then I realized it said who it was on his shirt! It really is a great likeness and a fun expression.I spent the day doing a reproduction of a Walt Whitman photo for a 60th b-day project for a friend next year. So I cna't put it online or the cat might be out of the bag but ti came out well I think. We have celebrities on the mind these days!

T' said...

Thanks. Looking forward to you posting it so I can see it. :D