Thursday, November 26, 2020

 



Variations. Played some more with this one. I like the middle one a lot, though some of the color is a little sloppy. It's muddier but feels more like night to me and the direction of the light is a lot more enhanced. The top version is how it would appear in the comic. While I don't dislike it, I think it's missing some atmosphere. I'm also just not willing to change the style again and the watercolor is not only impossible to vectorize, it's a whole different approach. Still, fun to do little spot illos like this.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I like the middle one the best but I also think the top one is better for the comic. I was thinking the eye in the lower ones are really nice and maybe adding that eye detail to the top one would be a nice compromise. Those watercolour brushes are really great in your hands!

T' said...

I like the middle one best, too. I think it has actual 'atmosphere.' I might do something with the eyes in the comic version; the mice's eyes were always meant to feel little creepy like that.

Behemoth media said...

Speaking of creepy... I have been kicking around the idea of a documentary about the horror comics of the 70s which seem to be forgotten to alarm extent. Not sure how I would go aobut it or how to or even if I could get interviews from influential people in the genre.