Sunday, February 28, 2021


 Other things have kept me busy lately, so I haven't drawn much. January was good, February not so much. After pulling out an old image I liked very much:
...and pondering about whether it was 'finished' or not because it was still digital, I wondered if I could even still think that way and if I could, if I could use that approach to problem solving to make something more representative. I can though I don't know that I'd take it any further. It's a case of, "it works, but so what?" Fun, interesting for me to do, I don't think it brings anything to the table while I think the boxer image does. Now I just have to try and figure out why.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I think thr boxer has a much more refined, or clear look to it. It's got movement and using the basic shapes to give the impression of red gloves and blue shorts draws you into it.

T' said...

The boxer was something I worked on for a long time, the portrait was just a sketch. Don't think it's worth bringing forward. Movement was a big part of the boxer and maybe that's why that style worked as well as it did there.