Saturday, October 08, 2022


 Did I work on the comic page today? No. Instead, I started a sketch for the next portrait, this one of my partner, Tyler. I managed to sneak a photo of him while we were visiting the Art Institute of Chicago last week. It's a rare opportunity I get to do such a thing as he's no more fond of getting his photo taken or being stared at than I am. I liked the contemplative pose and knew I'd want to draw it. I did work all day, which wears me the fuck out. So when I come home, I have little energy for much. I did get a new jazz record in the mail which I threw on and that helped me draw. So I managed this in about an hour. I hope I'll get back to the comic soon but as there was also a new season of Portrait Artist of the Year starting, my attention is distracted.

2 comments:

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

like the direction of the lines for the hair and brows, they look like solid guides for what is to come.Nothing like a contemplative/melancholy expression!

T' said...

Or he's just looking in his phone which is nearly constant. :D Had a lot of trouble with this today. Couldn't find a direction to take. Well, tomorrow is another day.