Thursday, October 06, 2022


 Haven't had as much time lately as I want. And I've been distracted by portraits again. Last week end, we went to Chicago, so I have that excuse. Today, I had some time to work on this page, which has been languishing. I also watched a documentary I helped kickstart on comic artist Mike Mignola, which was really good and made me wish I had the kind of success that he does. I don't mean monetary, though that'd be nice, too but the feeling that I'd made something big and interesting. All I have is this, so I must plod forward. I have a long way to go. Not sold on the lettering. I think I want something more distinctive for Ricci, something as loud and bullish as he is. Though this is one of the best songs in the comic, I think I want to keep the page count down. They've been getting out of hand. I might also cut the next song as I think it might have been long enough for Silas to be absent. Lots to do.

2 comments:

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

I agree the text and Ricci are a little lost on the composition right now. Ricci has been working out...
It s great to see a new page incoming!

T' said...

I really appreciate the insight. Makes me look at this in a different way. Will definitely play with the colors and text. Thanks, Vince!