Thursday, September 07, 2023


 Got a chance to start this tonight but not a chance to finish it. I'm too damned busy these days. Work, social engagements all weekend, my next day off isn't til wednesday and even then I have to take my car down for an oil change. I feel a lot of pressure to keep working on things for which I really don't have a lot of time. And I don't get to just relax much, either. Oh well. It may be obvious, but I reused the background from page 90. I could have drawn a new one, redrawn this or something but I did want to re-ground things, give that feeling of stage again as the curtain comes down for the end of the act. So that's how I'm justifying it. I also added in the big murals Silas did of Angel and Tamino and spotted the night sky with splatter 'stars.' I'll want to draw in a ladder in the background as well as the damned stripes that are supposed to be on Silas' pants but which aren't there because I forgot to change pants before I took the reference photos. I'll be damned if I draw the figures again. Anyway, progress.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

This track has so much more emotion in the characters! The practice pieces as well as the actual pages. This one has a lot of weight to the characters for me, you get a real sense of physical contact.