Wednesday, September 13, 2023


 This will look like a lot of work, but it wasn't. First image, above, is page 161 redone with the proper stripes down the pants I forgot to wear during the shoot. So. That page is done.


Next is page 162, with the curtains falling, same ones used in previous acts, but with the lines turned off. They look a lot better. Which means I will be going back to the previous pages that use them, turning off the line layer and re-exporting them. No big deal. Here, I did draw a second version of Silas on the right so I could have the details that were missing when he was hugging Silas on the left. I reused the colors from page 161 and just dropped the opacity a bit. Worked like a charm.



The end of act page, 163 was next and all I did was do a couple paint over layers of the last curtain page, which was 89. Same things for 164, the intermission page. I suppose I could have a figure shown painting these things over the curtain but it's something that will wait for the final, final edit some years from now. If I remember it, it was worth doing. The final page, 17X, a page number I won't know for awhile, is, once again, the same as process as the above two pages, continuing the idea of just painting the curtain between acts. When Howard comes out for the intermission, he'll be spotlighted in front of the intermission curtain. It all makes sense in my head, anyway. Now, before going on to gather the whole first half, I have to decide where to insert Silas through the beginning of Act 2 as I think his reactions in his track at the end will make more sense and carry more weight if he's not absent but hiding in the shadows. Again, makes sense in my head. The whole thing is meant to be a stage show, not unlike moments in Tamino.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Off to the nest part! This graphic novel is really going to be a huge accomplishment, it is already. The striped pants do work better!