Friday, September 01, 2023


 My original idea for doing Howard in the upcoming track was to do the opposite of what I did for Digby; instead of using direct photo backgrounds, I'd pose and use photo bodies for the character and then draw the head and hands from scratch. Problem was, there were too many tones that really didn't look good when reduced down to three or four. So I took another tack; I traced a photo of my posing and drew the head and hand freehand, inked it all and colored it using Howard's original palette from the overture. And that I like. What it does do, however, is show how much the styles have changed in six years. Well, there's no other consistency in the comic so why shoulder there be any now? That's my excuse anyway. I will try and be a little more dynamic with Howard. He's back on stage at the open mic. We'll have to see what I do about the audience. Probably the same thing. I hope the track isn't too long...

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Look at all those folds! I like this a lot! I love the colours!

T' said...

Yah, folds are a thing. Thanks, Vince. :D

Behemoth media said...

well folds are out thing anyway! LOL