Been needing or just wanting to do another portrait. As I haven't any references I want to paint, I did another self. I have done far too many of these but what the heck. When I need to play, they're fun and I'm always available. I liked the original drawing, done in about a half hour, but when ti came to painting, it felt too squat. So I elongated it in Procreate. Then I messed about with various approaches. I decided I wanted to do something I usually don't do with the eyes, add different layers of color. Still not doing pupils. In any case, I'm happy with this. It's the same but also a bit different.
Tuesday, September 29, 2026
Been needing or just wanting to do another portrait. As I haven't any references I want to paint, I did another self. I have done far too many of these but what the heck. When I need to play, they're fun and I'm always available. I liked the original drawing, done in about a half hour, but when ti came to painting, it felt too squat. So I elongated it in Procreate. Then I messed about with various approaches. I decided I wanted to do something I usually don't do with the eyes, add different layers of color. Still not doing pupils. In any case, I'm happy with this. It's the same but also a bit different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You keep drawing and creating and that’s the important thing! I have to take a few portraits of myself and I am not looking forward to it!
Why do you have to take self-portraits?
Partly because I am due. Every decade or so I take a similar photo and have a timeline of what I look like since the 80s. I am redesigning my portfolio site for retirement and the photo there is too old…. Or I am too old to keep using that photo!
Post a Comment