Wednesday, April 09, 2014

A little experiment. I've been having fun drawing the skater twins lately, so I thought to revisit their origin, which was a throwaway appearance on page 55 of Tamino. Keeping the setup the same, I redrew everything in the current style. It was just a bit of fun. Then I added color to the characters to make them pop and to emphasize the shabbiness of the mice's neighborhood. To me, the coloring in this way looks a lot like old hand colored photographs, something I actually got a chance to try in junior high's photography club (a club I managed to be a part of without ever taking a photograph or owning a camera). I'm not sure this is leading anywhere, it's just something I like.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I like everything about this except Tamino's head. I might be too married to his original look. The muted colours certainly work well!

T' said...

My partner didn't like Tamino either, but I wanted him to match the mice more, so I changed him. I'm more interested in them anyway at this point. Tamino had his story.

Behemoth media said...

Well you never know where experiments will take you and teach you for future projects, the important thing is to keep going.