Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Continuing on with this, the customer wanted an image of a character frustrated and gnashing its teeth. So I went here. There's a definite Ed Roth influence here though in my defense, I didn't do any research. I just looked at the previous drawings and kept pushing further to get something, well, like this. It was actually pretty fun to do and the whole 'twisty' thing that I started with the rabbits is something that's feeling pretty cool to me. I went back to using my bigger brush which not only flows better than the smaller one, it doesn't let me get as tight which is a good thing. At least for this style. It's almost like painting. Anything that makes ink even more fun to use is fine by me. Sent this off. We'll see what the client thinks.

EDIT: Here's the same guy in color:

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

even his tail touches the ground in an angry way... if they wanted angry you certainly gave it to them.

T' said...

I had to push pretty hard to get this kind of anger. Third time's the charm for me, usually. :"D

Behemoth media said...

I read "punch" before I read push LOL