Thursday, May 29, 2014

Just a quick one of Benny (though really I had to draw this four times as the photo ref I was using was really hard to get away from). Trying to make him more sneaky looking. I'm finding as I go on that using ref for these guys us somewhat counter-productive as it's hard to abstract directly from the photos. As such, I often have to draw and re-draw to get the styles to match. I was thinking that, when I get to doing the actual comic, I will take photos of me and try to really overact. Then again, this might only slow things down. We'll see.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

do you think photographing an artists wooden doll in the positions might be better than using a photo of a person, just to reduce the complexity of the pose? Ypu'll lose some things and maybe gain others... just a thought.

T' said...

I've used them in the past, but they're not flexible enough.

Behemoth media said...

I hear there is a potable 3d model in an app... but i haven't found it. Another artist told me it was posable done to the fingers. he might have meant pose tool 3d but that seems to be android only. might be worth a couple hours searching though!