Thursday, May 29, 2014

Home sick, but managed to squirrel two drawings out just to say I did something other than watch old tv shows and sleep. As of right now, though, my support network is nearly depleted. There are really only a half dozen people at best that seem to be looking at my work with any kind of regularity. I get very few hearts, likes and so on. Sadly, I have never enjoyed drawing more. Even these simple things are fun to do and I really like doing them. This does not bode well for any kind of eventual comic. Will I do it anyway? Yes. I just don't think I'll bother posting in places other than this or my flickr account, and I only bother there because it's the easiest way to find my own files so I know how I drew any given character. I'm sort of upset about this and sort of resigned. It is what it is and I can't make people like my work. That I keep it to myself only really bothers my partner and he doesn't even like most of what I draw. The blog here I've kept pure in that it's the only place I talk about my work at all. There is definitely a kind of solace in knowing that there's only one person who reads this and comments on it. I can say whatever I want and don't worry about the politics of it. So I do. And if nowhere else, there's here. Blogs have gone the way of LJ and the dodo, but I'll continue. For me.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Doing it for you is always the best reason. For some reason, my flickr page didn't exactly get popular but there are a bunch of people who suddenly, out of nowhere started looking at my work. I don't get many hearts either, just views and almost no feedback or discussion... except from one very kind person. Most of views come from putting my stuff in groups which is easy and doesn't really take any extra time to do. No one gets my work either and it's really traditional and representative I think. I guess if we really want to sell stuff we'd be doing illustrations of hot chicks being screwed by Bigfoot... or dinosaurs... or aliens. But no dogs, that's weird.