Saturday, May 10, 2014

Out of the blue, I was contacted by someone for whom I'd done an image in the past. Seems they're doing an event and would like some work for said event. It's for speck which is something I generally disagree with but as the event is small and likely doesn't involve a lot of money AND since it was stuff that I was actually interested in drawing, I said ok. And it is fun. The theme, interestingly is anger. So I started with the skater mice as Smatt is currently the character of mine that's the most angry (or at least cranky) and tried to push him a bit further. Used the big brush and a LOT of ink on the second one, but that's where I want to aim. I can still push further and will. More emotion, fewer details.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

spec work is ill advised at best but you have to do it time to time. Since you worked with them in the past it's a little less risky. For a long while i was getting only nibbles from people who thought I'd jump on the chance to work for free for them. Some were just over confident in their projects (and naive) others were outright con artists. It's the I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today way of doing business!