Saturday, June 10, 2017

Some more of these, demo drawings I do at work on an iPad Pro. On the one hand, it tickles me that Apple pays me to draw at work. These are things I would not do on my own, at least no before being asked. My fine art stuff seems further away these days, though with the iPad, this sort of thing seems so much easier than it did in the past. I'm just copying, or trying to copy old master paintings so far but it feels as if I'm getting better at it and I'm approaching them as I should any real painting; starting big, whittling down the size of the brush as I go along. They're far from perfect or really done. And one of Vincent is obviously highly stylized. They're fun to do and I get to make and talk about art at work, so it's win win for as long as they let me do it.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

that bottom one really kookie real media, not digital at all!

T' said...

Thanks. I just started using some different layers and different tools. Don't have something that actually feels like PAINT to me yet, but that one has a definite chalk/pastel feel.