Sunday, February 18, 2018

Here it is, the last page I needed to finish for the first song of "The City Silent." Took a few days, and I still think the decision to bypass this til later was a good one. Got done what I wanted, the page does what I needed to do and, with the insertion of that light pole and Howard inked by hand, I think the transition works ok. It suddenly reminds me of some of those manga where, for no reason I've ever been able to understand, the first few pages are in full color, painted or something and then the remaining 400 are just black and white line work. Again, I've avoided cars so there's no specific date. This street has no signs, either as it's more a business district. Distractions that won't add anything to the story, and might remove some of the coldness I wanted from the city at this point. Used screen shots from "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" for the street scene here. For Howard, I did my usual thing of taking photos of me. There are about 120 so far just for this section. I hope to be a little looser in the other sections, until Howard comes back for the intermission and final song. But those are both a long way away.

No comments: