Wednesday, February 07, 2018

There were a LOT of images made to go along with this one. And it really didn't come together til I got the color going. The icons in the back were drawn and photographed in perspective a few different ways til I found one that I liked and worked. I think there were three different views of each. The words, too had to be photographed in different ways to get that perspective. For such a simple page, this one had a lot more work than I thought it would need. That being said, I think it came out pretty well. It's one of the saddest of the sequence, at least for me because I know who all these characters are. Angel was drawn just once and then he committed suicide off screen. Pamina, really never came. She represented the next project. After Tamino, I was in limbo for comics for a very long time. Six years or more. While I did some short stories here and there, nothing big like this could be sparked in my head. Until I realized that writer's block and a lack of audience could, in and of themselves be the subject for a comic. And so here we are. Glad to have been able to make so many pages recently, but I still have to pick up the pace as this thing is huge and will never get done if I remain so slow with it.

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

This project is turning out to be some of your best work ever, I think, which is saying a lot. I hope I'll have a job before you finish to buy a printed version. There is a lot going into this book and it really comes through.

T' said...

Thanks, Vince. You're extra kind as always. The idea of this being finished is SO far off, I can't even think about it. That being said, there probably won't be a solid version of it. None of my stuff has enough audience to justify it. Maybe one from Lulu?

Behemoth media said...

I bought the Site books from Lulu so I would definitely buy these. Or maybe you could just make a PDF for your fans? :)
In any case no matter how long this takes, you'll likely finish it before get work at this point. You might shop it around to publishers, I mean I am crazy enough to put my films out there so you should be at least crazy enough to put your art out there time to time!

T' said...

When I'm done each section, there's going to be a PDF for sale on Gumroad. When it's all done, I'll put everything together for a PDF at least, but that's probably going to be it. I had someone try to convince me to do a Kickstarter by suggesting I could aim lower, like for only $1,000. At first I was tempted, but really, I doubt I could even generate that amount. Gumroad won't net me much but it won't cost me anything, either. Regardless, you get free copies. :"D