Friday, June 01, 2018

City Silent page 41. Finally got this one done. Did myself a favor, though and did the background stuff on the iPad instead of by hand with ink. Why is this a favor? It went SO much faster this way and I was able to distort things the way I wanted without resorting to using those tools in my cranky copy of AI CS5. Also, making straight lines in Procreate is so much easier. The window and fire escape were done in three separate parts on paper first, so I could use my ruler. Then I took a photo with the iPad right in Procreate and inked right there. Play about, export as a jpg then vectorize. Much, much faster and no smudging. I'm not sold on doing my character work this way, but it's now a hint where before it wasn't even a whisper. Four pages into this song now. The last page is going to be a pain, but there you go.

No comments: