Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Another quick abstract on the iPad tonight. There are some times that I can only scratch artistic itches with abstract stuff. This one was fun, but also had me really thinking of three things at the same time; composition, spontaneity, lack of image. I didn't want it to represent anything. The more I work at something abstract, the more it tries to look like something. Also, even with just black and white, I zoomed out to check the balance of the colors. The only things I didn't do were flip or turn upside down. Perhaps I should have. Even though I didn't work on this too long, I could feel, to some small extent how some of the masters would work and work a canvas over long periods of time. Again, for me, that risks making it look like something. We all have our different ways of working.

No comments: