Wednesday, June 05, 2019

This is as raw as I get. Did this comic today after feeling shitty for a couple. I just sat, drew a panel, added a layer, drew another panel. I didn't hide anything, didn't cross anything out, didn't ink, no editing, nothing. And I toyed with actually posting it. And then I did. On Facebook and tumblr. I got one response on FB. That's it. And here I thought I was dropping a bomb that might upset people. Strangely, I'm ok with it now though it still bugs me that only one person bothered to even read the comic. The worst were the little thumbs up symbols which meant that someone just clicked it without even looking. Well, I can't be more plain than this.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Well, I think your greatness is right there on the surface for everyone to see, but what do I know? Must have felt satisfying to get this out of your system for a couple hours. While I want people who see my work to like it, I am really comfortable doing it and not showing anyone. I did that with my paper stuff for many, many years after I gave up doing exhibitions. I was a personal trainer so no one even suspected I was an artist... being a dumb jock in their minds. Somehow my past... life? lives? digressions? never seemed to reach their ears. My biggest art fear is as I make my little films that I'm no better than Ed Wood and too dumb to see it and everyone else is too polite to say so. So I keep making stuff.

T' said...

I don't know how satisfying it was. Another friend asked me that today. I honestly couldn't tell if making it and posting it helped or it was just the time between then and now. I did it, I guess I'm glad but it only got one response where I posted it. So it all just feeds into the 'meh.'