Monday, December 30, 2019

This one was made from a still frame I took off an episode of "Ultraman." He's a ubiquitous mad scientist of sorts. As I was drawing him, I started thinking about Japanese demons or oni, one in particular that has gold eyes and teeth. I thought he might look cool done in that palette, so here he is. I think he works pretty well. There's a slight cartoonishness to him but there's also a pretty penetrating stare. Tried to make the lines more harmonious, letting them stray from what was truly there to make a better composition and I think it worked. Another one for the series.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I am surprised you had time to get another one out! Very few people use Ultraman as source material!

T' said...

Yah, Ultraman... that is one messed up show. It's predecessor, Ultra Q is like Twilight Zone meets Godzilla.

Behemoth media said...

In the 60s i would go watch it with my dad at his parent's place after church. I remember a monster coming out of "the world's deepest swimming pool" . It was pretty freaky... the monster was 6 stories tall and the water was clear! Ho did no one notice it? I think godzilla or a godzilla light fought another monster on the moon once and punched it so hard it curled the moon and knocked Godzilla over form behind. I might have dreamed that last one.