Thursday, December 19, 2019

Worked some more on the Basher image as there were things that bothered me about it. First off, the mouth didn't make a lot of anatomical sense, though that is a problem with the mask. So I widened the opening of the mouth to accommodate the tusks properly, filled in the teeth a bit more, added a filtrum below the nose and brought the nose more together at the bottom. Also, the two straps and buckles were of very different sizes. While that might be true in the photo, it bugged me enough to change them about.

These days, I tend to use Procreate for my sketches but as I'd used my iPad so much that day it was out of power when it came time to do this one. So I pulled over the sketch pad and did the old grid. Worked out just fine and proved that I can still just draw when I need to. The iPad is just a tool, not some magical device that allows people to draw with no skill.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I plan to buy some drawing pads after the holidays and start using them. Even if it's just drawing whatever is on the table I have to get back to jsut drawing what's in front of me that moment. Are you still working on the giant orc painting?

T' said...

I am not, partially as I think I've decided that this was the way to finish this image. That being said, I think that I should do something in this style on a big canvas such as that, so I'll probably repurpose it.