Saturday, September 19, 2020


Messing about some more with this. The initial aesthetic, the smoother one has gone by the wayside again. Why? Because this style is FUN. I can keep things loose, I feel almost like an actual cartoonist and making the drawings on my iPad or the sketchpad work out about the same. We're supposedly doing these things in black and white, some with photo backgrounds, some without. One spot color per artist. I got blue which is more than good with me. Did a bunch more drawings but this was the only one finished as I assume we want it. I'm pretty happy with it.

5 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I liked the more refined and smooth drawings until I saw this! The integration into the photo really brings it to life and makes it work. The roughness sells it better and changed my mind complately on which i like better!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince! I was surprised at how easily it fit into the photo. Really, it was just because of it being black and white, I'm sure. I was also surprised that, when posted to other media, it got a spark of attention. And hell, it's just fun to draw. :D

Behemoth media said...

It's really eye catching and original looking. The touch of blue helps it stick out. The other character sort of looked like a 70s style character to me for some reason... Vaughn Bode comes to mind for some reason but I'm not sure that is even who I mean!

T' said...

You nailed it! I was totally looking at Vaughn Bodè and of course, that means a 70's look. Well done! My hair is nearly that long at this point, too. :D

Behemoth media said...

Well I surprise my self sometimes! I keep shaving my head with clippers and even shaved my beard off. So far, no one has even noticed, not even robin! I might have started a new drawing today... a portrait of friend’s mom. It’s been while since a drew anything!