Tuesday, September 01, 2020


Another few days, another few pages. I actually got three done today which is nuts. Sometimes, stuff just flows. So when that happens, I try and grab as tightly as I can and just go with it. I think there's a lot of movement in this one except for that one panel of the graffiti. I'm not totally sold on that one yet, but it is kind of exactly what I need at the same time. I think it's just that it's so static compared to the rest of the pages. Making the 'chapter' this way allows for tweaks along the way before the whole thing's released so I'll likely look at it again before done. One more page of verse and one of refrain, possibly one walk-off page to end the song and the act and I've reached a pretty big milestone, especially for a project I had pretty much written off. I've done 82 pages of it so far and we're not a quarter of the way through. I'd like to think that this track, most of all, actually feels somewhat musical. We'll see. 

4 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Wow so much more! I agree that one panel sticks out. Maybe it needs to. It might integrate a little more if you can see the pattern of the brick slightly in the solid black paint. Not sure how you could work that out, maybe a few very light grey or dark red highlights of the brick on the black? Just a thought.

Seeing it in a grouping like this makes the song element shine though, you can almost hear it being sung.

T' said...

On the big version, they do show through a little. It's just the only page in the run that's head on. It's something I'll have to think about, that's all. Thanks as always, Vince! It's coming along.

Behemoth media said...

It is coming along. I can't wait to see the larger versions some day. Maybe it just needs a slight change of and so it isn't dead on or a shadow across it to break it up slightly. Gosh I'm full of shi... ideas todays, aren't I?

T' said...

The shadow is a good idea. I may look into that! Thanks!