Monday, September 21, 2020



Today I began the task of going back and re-drawing some pages for the first act. In general, I'm happy or happy enough with the pages to mostly leave them be. There's one section, though, that I kind of hate. It feels stiff and uninteresting. I'll still leave the final pages mostly as-is, but the first 3/4 really just need help. For example, I decided that since this is the last time we see the spirit of the city, it might make sense for the POV to be from above, as if the spirit is looking down. Makes even more sense when we see the spirit descend at the end of the song. Didn't occur to me at the time. So on the top, we have the re-drawn page and below it, the problematic original. I have NO idea what the hell was in my head with that color scheme other than I wanted that high crime light organ, but was worried the comic was feeling a little too one-note palette-wise. Since the final pages have that palette at least for the background, I had to keep that. Otherwise, I threw the rest of the colors out. 

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

The new version is so much better! Going back over stuff on a long project is always a good idea, it really paid off for you this time.

T' said...

Thanks, Vince! I can only guess that I didn't have a solid idea for this section, wasn't into it, something. The figures are SO stiff, the colors are SO off. I just hope it won't take me too long to fix.

Behemoth media said...

I just spent 50 hours subtitling an old doc and making some fixes so it can be sold on Amazon again and just started subtitling "The Picnic" time is an illusion.... seems like some projects need fixing now and then no matter who long it takes. At least you are doing now and not years later like me!