Thursday, December 24, 2020


 Managed to finish this AND do holiday stuff with my husband. I changed the whole palette from the last update. Those colors just weren't working. This makes my studio look a lot darker than it is, but I think it works. My sister thought it might be leaning a little towards illustration. I think I just managed to yank it back. I wanted to prove that the cut paper style could be used for something more complex than just a face. I think I pulled that part off, too. In general, I'm happy with it and would do something like this again. Happy holidays, all.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

In the finished piece I realize that is a microphone with spit guard... duh, I feel dumb. I like the changed colours much more and it does seem more like an illustration. It's such a difficult angle to draw some at!

T' said...

I was hoping it felt -less- like an illustration, but we'll see, I guess. The angle was one of the things I wanted specifically to do. It was important to get some depth into this kind of thing.

Behemoth media said...

You are still learning what can and can't be done with this technique. I am sure you will discover and discard some aspects of it over time and who knows where it will end up in the end. Having fun with it and making art is all that counts!