Thursday, August 19, 2021


 This is a quick and dirty test of sorts. The background is totally made up. I took a photo I had of a brick wall and one I have of a cinder block wall, put them in perspective to form a fake corner. Then I made graffiti in Procreate and put that in the same perspective as the walls I'd just made and layered them on top. I had to adjust a little transparency so it looked a little more like the graffiti wasn't just sitting there. Then I shoved it through SuperVectorizer. I spent very little time on this but it did what I wanted to. There might be one too many colors, and I might avoid TOO much texture in the future but as a proof of concept, I think this is solid enough to move on with. I threw yesterday's fox on top just to see how it worked and adjusted the colors. What will matter is the details, such as pipes, wires and the like, so I'll need to take more photos. I think this will work.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I agree you might avoid too much texture, otherwise it could look like a photocopy of photo and less like part of a drawing. I like the darker more saturated colours on the character in previous tests but then again... I would like that sort of thing! The invented background looks as natural and real as the ones directly from a single photo to me so good job with that!

T' said...

I played with this a little on another drawing, dropping out two of the five layers and that helped. Bricks, I think are a problem and I'll likely avoid them. Thanks for the feedback!