Wednesday, August 18, 2021


 Still playing about with this mix of lineless shapes and photo backgrounds. I think it works and I was damned lucky with that "Dogboy" tag; it was in the photo all on its own. I did have to change the position of it and the graffiti below so "Dogboy" would show. Not a big deal, and SuperVectorizer helped hide a lot of the very fast and bad photo editing it took to do that. Thinking on it now, I might use elements from various photos and kind of 'build' a photographic background which might look more interesting and make me feel less guilty about directly using photos in my work. Thing is, while I like it a lot, I still don't know that it would work for City Silent. It's SUCH a diversion from the existing style. Then again, the mice's section doesn't look much like Silas', either and not much like Howard's. Hmm. Maybe I'll give a few pages a try and see how it goes. Otherwise, I had fun doing this. I need to take more photos as I'd really want to use my own, Pop Art be damned.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I like this one better than the last one! The colour combinations work really well. Do you think you might ever make a 3D world and use renders from that as backgrounds or something? I know a ton of artists do that or use the 3D as a starting spot for shapes and lighting . Just thinking out loud. The photos don't really too too much as photos to me and I think they match the characters more than I thought they might.