Wednesday, December 01, 2021





 Here's all the stuff that went into the latest image. At the top is the pencil sketch. I didn't want to use a grid or anything as I wanted it to be slightly quirky (or, "off"). I was happy enough with the sketch knowing that I didn't want to include all the lines in the final. As I tried to make this image work with the style of the last one, I just kept getting frustrated. Made two separate tries and neither felt right. I then realized that there was nothing rough or random about her; she felt very "precise." So I went back to the straight forward AD style and it fell right into place. I don't mind posting some failures as it's all just stuff that took me, eventually in the right direction. It's the failures that just plain fail that I keep to myself.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I like looking at the progess, putting out something that you think is a failure can be interesting but also a little masochistic.

T' said...

I think it's worth sharing that not everything is perfect or works out. Otherwise, there's this myth perpetuated that artists never do wrong, there's no growth or experimentation.

Behemoth media said...

Such a good point! Many people think it just flows out of the pen and on to the paper with no effort whatsoever. I think it is a main reason so many just say they can’t draw, they expect that if they could, it would be flawless first try. It’s really about trying over and over until you think it’s right.