Wednesday, March 30, 2022





Meant to post this yesterday as that's when it was made. I'm trying to make more entries about process and as such, take more WIP images as I go along. I like how this is going and likely won't change too much about it. The buildings are all from photos I took when in LA though none of them are near each other. One of them is actually a total amalgam as I took the front, duplicated it and sheared it to make the side. Up in the far left corner is a very famous landmark, the round office building destroyed by aliens in "Independence Day," though I've cut it enough that it shouldn't be noticeable. After seeing this, I decided to go back and add line detail to the sketch as the folds, in this case, aren't working the way I want. The sky was a blowup of an overcast cloud in a panorama shot, dumbed down to three colors with them re-colored so they were a lot less contrasty than they were. I like how they came out as, to me, the sky still looks overcast. This page is the most obviously photo-reffed one I've done so far, but once the text is in, that will recede somewhat.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

Great composition and pose! Really dramatic! The rest will transform it to something else like the other panels. That buildings actually look more drawn to me than some of the alley way shots. Maybe because that detailed pen and ink look is close to my drawing style.