Wednesday, August 14, 2024


 I was happy with the previous version of this last night. It looked ok. Today, it looked horribly wrong. And it was. So I started over. I have such little time for art these days that I don't have the patience I should. So, I admit, there was some tracing for the basic pencil sketch for this. Not proud of that. So I have to learn something from this and what I did is that if I'm having trouble with the likeness or if things feel oddly off, I should go back to the grid and THEN I should freehand on top of that to try and pull not only the lines of the piece but put some more of myself into it as well. So, this is finished, I can move on, but it's not my favorite.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

It seems to respect the rule of thirds more and he looks thinner, he would be happy with this version!