Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sharp, again

Another little diversion from tonight. Went and saw, "Monsters University," and came home just wanting to draw something. The bunnies are the closest thing I've made to being something commercially viable. I haven't actually -made- the comic yet as I've been experimenting ad nauseum on the designs. Well, this, coupled with a style from the old UPA cartoons for backgrounds is, I think, it. I tend to make things too complicated, too 'deep,' too steeped in the idea of being some big THING. The bunnies were supposed to just be a fun little D+D comic and I've let that get out of control. There's nothing wrong with a little fun, and I think the bunnies would be best being just that. To that end, might as well keep the designs simple as well, something smooth and flowing without unnecessary detail. This pose was taken from a pitcher about to throw. I equate Sharp with baseball a lot. I think he swings his sword not as a master fencer but more like a jock. Blah blah. Anyway, there it is.

No comments: