Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I generally like the inking process best of all, but for some reason, I think I'll leave this one as is. I've been spending a lot more time penciling these days, at least on these guys. I tend to be someone who wants the instant gratification that comes with everything else to come with my art as well. And it shows. I think it's time to slow down. The cartooning I like best, especially the stuff of classic animation only LOOKS simple as the sketch has generally been eliminated and all we see are those sleek, simple lines. I've recently been looking at the work of Yves Chaland, an artist in France who died way too damned early. His inks were amazing, simple, graceful and yet beneath those, in a very few images I was able to find, were of course the sketchy lines that built the structure on which those simpler lines were based. So, yah. Learning and stuff.

No comments: