Thursday, January 28, 2016

Haven't had a chance to work on this lately because of the video. That being said, I put a few hours into it today though it's not so obvious. It's all in the background. Notice, perhaps, that butcher shop with the sign for steak on sale in the window. Oh sure, you can't see it from here, but if you zoom in 3-400% it's obvious! Will this matter? Dunno, but since I want to make the final print perhaps as big as 16x20, it might. This means slow progress. Also might mean a better print. Moving forward...

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

it is hard to know how much detail to use in something for print... you sort of figure it out by doing it. I retouch video and images between 200 and 400% which is little nuts but I think it pays off!

T' said...

I'm probably adding too much. There's a lot of editing on the fly here, too. I should have approached this differently. As it is, as I make each building, I start to think who owns the business, what it is, stupid stuff like that.

Behemoth media said...

I can see making up a history for each place if that place is the setting for a larger story. You can't help what you think about though! I have to make a row of building seen from the window of an apartment for my next personal animation project and I'll have to try and just make the houses without trying to do exactly wha toys are doing... giving each one a story or it will take forever to actually do!