Thursday, January 14, 2016

Here's a 2x version of the current version of the image. Finished all the cobblestones today. Here's a lesson; next image will NOT have cobblestones in it. I like their look, the organic quality, but they were a pain in the ass. Now I've started constructing the signs. There are going to be many layers to this. There's already like 11 and I've just started. There's also a lot more uses of things like gradients and other types of transparency in this than I've ever used in an illustration. I think, though that the level of detail will match and enhance the characters, or at least I would hope so. Anyway, this is where I am.

1 comment:

Behemoth media said...

I would say the work you are doing is already paying off. The cobblestones are something I find quite fast and easy to do, it's odd how some things come more naturally to one person than another. Then again you've seen how obsessive I've been over stone work in some of my drawings. I'll spend a month on it and not think that was a lot of time at all. LOL