Saturday, January 23, 2016

Well, this time it's a non-art entry, though there was art made specifically for this project. It's another episode of my movie/rant blog, "The Movie Wrench." I decided to use green screen stuff this time around instead of moving around the house for every shot. I think I like it better this way, and it certainly makes shooting it easier, even if the editing is more complicated. I took on "Avengers: Age of Ultron" this time around. It's the fourth episode and it took far too long to get around to it. I wrote the script at the end of October and then, what with holidays and all, never got around to the next step. Editing of the script happened while shooting and a whole section that was shot was accidentally left out in editing. When I noticed the mistake, I decided that the missing section didn't really add that much and, since there was a problem with the mic, I'd just leave it out. That being said, this is the longest episode by far. I'm trying to make them shorter and failing miserably. Ah, well, I think the performance is a lot better in this one; I'm far goofier and outgoing, which is something I wanted to work on. So watch, and despair! "Movie Wrench Age of Ultron!"

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

So I saw it last night! I would say this is the best one you've done by far, even with the microphone problems. The green screen works much better than jumping around the apartment. You image looks a little flat, which is something green screen does, even in budgeted TV shows if you aren't careful, but you skills will improve dramatically each time you do project I think. You solution to the main plot problem of Ultron would have made a much better movie. Editing your own work is really really hard. I've become used to it over the years and sometimes cut things too much. Plus a little feedback helps, your s with the MYP film helped me change a few things for example.

T' said...

Thanks, Vince! You're always so supportive. This is the first time I edited -while- filming. My main problem is I write these things without thinking about the fact that I also have to -say- them. Some of my sentences are ridiculously long and have tongue twisters that would tax a seasoned pro. And I'm someone that tends to trip over his own tongue anyway, so the fact I get through these at all is kind of amazing. The one part that got left out also had mic trouble, so it's just as well.

As for the green screen, I think I figured out what I need to do which will involve getting more equipment. My 'screen' right now is just a cheap piece of material I got at the fabric store taped to the wall. It needs to be a lot bigger and I need to be further from it AND it needs to be lit separately from me. Lots to learn.

Thanks again for the kind words and crit.