Wednesday, January 13, 2016

So this is the next step in the illustration I'm working on. The last few days have been spent drawing little squares, cobblestones. There are tons of them. But if I did this any other way, it wouldn't feel as organic. I'm using a screen capture of a 4k video of Tokyo as my background and wanted very much to make a very detailed illustration. This means lots of tedious though rather enjoyable work. Ok, the cobblestones are a bitch but making all the signs and storefronts are tasks I look forward to. At this point, we can see the characters (I traded out the second monkey's head for the original as I liked it better) with their colors, before adjustment and the shadows atop the cobblestones as I have them now. This is going to take awhile, and that's ok. I want this to be something that really catches the eye and also takes some time to look at. I've never made giclee prints before and if I plan to try and sell them, I think they should be something worth looking at. When I'm done, I'll try and post as much of a flow of assembly as possible. For those interested.

No comments: