Monday, January 04, 2016

Well, here it is, the first post of year ten of this blog. A lot of people have left theirs behind. I still see the value in them, especially for being able to take down and record thoughts of the moment, of having to do with the art posted. Sadly, everyone seems to prefer things like tumblr which is nice in its way, but has no real way of communicating and is, by its very nature, something that almost requires short posts. I plan to continue this one as I've done for as long as I can. Might well be that Blogspot eventually just closes down, which would be a shame. I think there's still very much a reason to have long form blogs. Anyway.

I've been reading a very cool, huge book on Chuck Close that I got for Xmas. While there might not seem to be a connection between his work and this, there is. Close deals in details, lots of them and, pretty much through his entire career, has been obsessed with them. I have numerous styles. The heavily detailed, more 'realistic' one is one that I haven't played with much lately. So as is often the case, when I start looking at art books, I get inspired and move in a specific direction. I plan to redraw these two and place them in Tokyo as I recently came across some stunning 4k video of that city and want to get lots of detail and rendering in. I probably will always love ink and should stick with my loves. So, this.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

A great start to the new year! I am doing yet another acrobat drawing I hope to finish in the next day or so before works picks up too much for me to get to it. I have a little animation project test I want to try before trying to make an animated model of Luco in Fite! That will all be in the spring I'm afraid!

T' said...

Thanks, Vince! I've already redrawn the fox, fixing some things I didn't like about it, I've chosen a background photo to reference and even looked into getting giclee prints done of the eventual image. It's not making comics, but what the hell. :"D As for animated Lucco, don't worry about it! You have far more important things to do!

Behemoth media said...

I love the giclee prints I have made. The colours are so much better than a photo print. As for Luco, I am sort of obsessed with getting a short clip done of him in the woods by the fire and trying to get the same feeling from the comic. I won't leave my head.