Sunday, February 14, 2016

Spent a lot of time working on this thing. This illustration is a lesson in what NOT to do, i.e. do NOT decide that perspective is something that can be winged or can come later. Gah. Spent most of the day fixing everything on the right hand side because I am a bozo. Well, there you go. Dumb ass lesson learned. Made some progress past that, but really this one's a killer. I'm going to be helping a friend do a panel at a convention in may that's all about the importance of background so I want to get as many of this kind of thing done before I go. Next one, I think, will be an interior, based on photos I took inside my favorite restaurant while in Boston. So yah, slow progress, this.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

Did you use some of the perspective grid features in illustrator? I have... rarely. They can be helpful. In any case it's all a learning process isn't it? Plus is looks really good!

T' said...

Heh, no, no perspective grid, because that would make sense. :"D I finally made a vanishing point and used that, based on the original photo. I R slow.