Thursday, February 25, 2016

Here's a colored version of one of the previous sketches. More to the points of the previous entry, one of the things I tried to do with this version was to simplify the character even further. The number of freckles has been set at three per side of his face and no more. Wherever they appear on his body, be it face, shoulders, ass, there will be three. No more, no less. I got rid of the more realistic detail in the ears. And I tried to embrace the stretch and squash more, letting the expressions have an overall flow to their curves, wrapping details around them to better harmonize the face, regardless of what the 'real' anatomy would do. These are all things professional cartoonists and animators know how to do. I'm still coming at all this half blind and on my own.

No comments: