Monday, February 29, 2016

Another one of these things with the rabbit thing in it. I was listening to someone who used to be a friend being interviewed about their art this morning. Part of me, the 'civilized' part of me was glad for him and thought it cool that he was being sought out. Having people show interest is very cool and helps keep you going; knowing that folks out there enjoy what you do, what makes your passion burn. But the probably all too human side of me was just raging in a storm of, 'why not me?' I've been at this a very long time. I've been interviewed once and it never aired. That's the story of my artistic life, really and sometimes it just frustrates the SHIT out of me. Most of the time, I like in a bubble where I've convinced myself that it doesn't matter, that I do it for me, don't care what others think. It's an illusion I keep up so I can continue moving in any direction at all. Thing is, I have and have had friends that are doing very well artistically, most of them professionally that weren't when I met them. And they just shine. They really don't know what it's like to continue to pump this stuff out and have so few people respond. They really just can't see it. So while listening to this podcast, I went with the feeling and threw this onto paper and inked it, which is why it's not my best job ever. I didn't edit, but in the spirit of the stupid comic, I didn't elaborate either. I'm only doing so here. So that's what this is.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

I love the expression in this! I had a frustrating experience with a friend at dinner... I was talking about some things I want to do, like the second Lovecraft animation which I was happy with.. apparently he wasn't since he just didn't say anything about it except "I don't why you do that stuff, no one see it and it doesn't pay". Of course he spends all his days bored out of his mind it seems and I'd rather be doing my stuff than unable to find stuff I love doing.

T' said...

I can't imagine just sitting around either. The few days I do, I feel horribly guilty, like I should have been able to make SOMEthing. So I keep going. If I make something that doesn't go over well, at least I made something. In the end, if -I- like, that's still one person.

Behemoth media said...

Exactly!