Wednesday, April 13, 2016

And I think we have a winner. I was looking through some old stuff, in this cat, the lower cat drawing and think I found the answer to what I wanted to do with Silas. Ten years or more ago, I was even more experimental than I am now, and did a whole bunch of more angular, nearly cubistic style fashion drawings (with animal people). While there was a hint of the real details, they were moved around to work more harmonically than the real thing. So I applied that 'formula' to the same drawings I'd been doing of Silas. There's a sort of hint of the Tamino style in there and yet not at the same time. The coloring I did specifically in a way that means I can't be precise. Don't want to be. So this might be the way to go. One detail to fill in with the story (the ending) and I might just go ahead with this, though not really tell anyone about it. If I've managed to finally come up with something, I don't want to jinx it.

No comments: