Friday, April 29, 2016

First is actually the last image I made yesterday. Tried adapting the recent characters to a Peanuts style because really, Schulz' influence is still as strong as ever and the temptation to play in his sandbox is pretty big. I could easily see trying a little existential strip with these guys though it might be a bit too depressing.

Beyond that is the final two versions of the Silas alley piece I was working on. The first was me trying to do the text and cat designs using the perspective tool. It felt too mechanical and really, for whatever reason, the character being outlined and the background not didn't work for me in this style, even though I've used it many times before. The final version is on the bottom. I went back to the original drawing, drew all the letters and cats out and inked them, then just colored sloppily as before. I like it and will be making prints at least for me to see if they might be sellable.

No comments: