Thursday, April 21, 2016

More on Silas. Why? Don't know though what I have noticed is that there's a lot of people on tumblr who like birds. Seems to be an under-served market. If, and I do mean IF there is a comic, I came up with a rather sibilant title for it; Silas: Silent City. Probably just Silent City. This marks the first time I've ever used those pre-printed comic boards, which means my stuff would be in a standard size. These days, this means less than it used to as some many comics are made in sizes other than the old standards. Still, they allow me to draw larger and my scanner can actually take in the whole page, which was a bit of a surprise.

And there's Silas, easily the bulkiest of my characters. I posed for this, shortened legs, lengthened arms and made an alley. Generally, I like the image but it's still missing something. I think the background is a bit too plain, not twisted or interesting enough in its depiction. The character I generally like but think the wrinkles are too literal and need to be less so. Oh, and what's the story? Damned if I know. And that's been the problem for the last eight years. So likely this, like every other comic I've tried to come up with will stall and go no further. But there you go. This interests me for at least the moment.

2 comments:

Behemoth media said...

He's got this body builder shape to him which in many cases birds kind of have as well. Something I never noticed. I like the folds in the clothing especially the shirt.

T' said...

Thanks! In Tamino, he was short and squat. I thought to give him this build because birds tend to have deep chests. No reason to have legs as long and arms are like that to resemble wings. Those folds are why I take ref photos. :"D