Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Working on the next Dimitri illustration, possibly for another print. I worked all day on this with the idea that the background, like the Digby/Marcel piece would be solely in Illustrator and that I could use the perspective tool. Well, perhaps because of the lesser amount of detail, though I spent a long time on it, the result was less than stellar. So I will go back to the figure page and draw all the stuff in by hand and ink it. I think it will just look a whole lot better. The cat is meant to be more of a character graphitti and the wording will be behind him, so that it's not obvious which he's currently painting. And, if this doesn't work, I'll just do it all again.

3 comments:

Behemoth media said...

My goodness you are going full steam this week! The party line character changes so much! I like him in the real world setting, he looks very comfy in that chair. You don't suffer from a lack of ideas, that much is certain.

T' said...

Oh, I very much suffer from a lack of ideas. No full length comics in six years. It's a problem. I guess I keep drawing and sometimes something happens. :"D

Behemoth media said...

Not producing a full length comic doesn't say anything about how many ideas you have, you are doing new stuff all the time! You do see to have repeating themes and character ideas that I think will work their way into another full length comic sooner than later.