Thursday, September 29, 2016

Did this sketch dump on tumblr today, so it has to go here as well. My sketchbooks have got more and more messy over the years as I try and save paper, sometimes by going back and filling in spaces on previous pages. So sometimes the sketches don't match. Was doing a bit of drawing without lifting the pencil, just cartooning 'from the hip' for want of a better term. There's also a random image of Patton Oswalt because why not? Lots of fox characters (or is it a coyote?) as I play with that. There's some sketches of that self portrait the other day, and a page of variations on the fox in as many styles as I could fit onto the page. Some days, even when I'm without any kind of focus, there's a certain joy in drawing, noodling about with cartooning. So there's that. At the very least, I hope I can leave decent sketchbooks that someone, some day might want to flip through. Me included.

No comments: